09/01/2011

Caff Is Content At Cappielow

Morton captain Stuart McCaffrey has denied speculation suggesting that he may be on his way out of Cappielow at the end of the season.

A snippet in Tuesday's Scottish Sun roughly said that the 31-year-old was attracting the attention of other First Division clubs after contract talks with Morton had broken down.

However, McCaffrey - whose one-year contract expires in May, leaving him free to talk to other clubs about a potential summer move since the beginning of January - has denied that talks have broken down - because they haven't properly started yet.

"I've had a very informal chat with the manager, just in passing really, but there's been nothing more to it than that," he explained to the Greenock Telegraph's Chris Tait. "One of my pals phoned me to say there was a wee bit on me in the papers. I think someone has maybe got in touch with my agent and he said I hadn't signed anything."

Although he admits talks at are a very early stage, he is, rather understandably, keen to get something sorted with the club. "I don't think there is any mad panic. The only thing I would say is that I'm in a situation where I'm married and have bills to pay like everybody else," he also told Tait.

"So the sooner I get my future sorted out the better. There really isn't a great deal of time left in the season, maybe only about four-and-a-half months."

Greenock Telegraph - Stuart Hopes To Extend Stay (05.01.2011)

No comments: