03/02/2009

Newby Loan Extended Again

Burton Albion caretaker manager Roy McFarland has decided to extend Jon Newby's loan until the end of the season.

Newby (pictured, left: celebrating his only competitive goal for Morton against Clyde) had initially signed until the 31st of December. Burton then extended the deal for a month - something I revealed on here - at the start of the year.

McFarland told the Burton Mail's Rex Page about his decision to further extend Newby's loan: "Jon has fitted in well since he joined the club and, in my case, I have been very pleased with his attitude. He's a disciplined guy who trains well and is never late despite having to travel down from Manchester. Jon's last deal would have run out after Saturday, but I now have the chance to have an extended look at him. He can play wide right, but I think his best position is up front - and I haven't seen him play there yet because he was in midfield in the (Senior Cup) game at Tamworth. We've also had a couple of reserve team games postponed, which denied me the chance to see him in his preferred position. But I like what I've seen of him in training and I'm sure his chance will come at some point between now and the end of the season."

Burton Mail - Mac: No War Of Words (29.01.2009)

No comments: