31/07/2009

Jenks Targets Double Figures

Allan Jenkins got the season off to a goalscoring start with the winner in the Challenge Cup tie against Dumbarton and the equaliser in the Renfrewshire Cup final and the big midfielder is hungry for more.

Yesterday he told the Greenock Telegraph's Craig Stewart of his ambition to beat his four goal haul from last season (he actually only scored three competitive goals), he said: "This season my first aim is to play in as many games as possible and then beat the four-goal total I achieved last season.

"I only scored four as I missed half of last season through injury, so it is great to get off to a good start with a goal at Paisley after the one at Dumbarton.

"Midfielders should be contributing double figures in terms of goals and that's what I am aiming for."

Greenock Telegraph - Jenkins Wants More Goals (30.07.2009)

*Photo courtesy of Thomas Smillie

No comments: