07/08/2007

Sturm Expects Backlash From Ton Fans

Jani Sturm expects Morton fans to give him a hard time tomorrow night after he snubbed Morton to sign for CIS Insurance cup opponents Dundee.

Sturm is quoted in Graeme Day's article on The Courier website as saying : "I don’t know what sort of response they’ll [Morton fans] give me now, though. There’s a good chance they will give me a few boos and whistles, but I’ll just have to cope with that. I had the option of signing for Morton, but I just thought Dundee was the best place for me to come to. I suppose we’ll find out after the game if it was the right decision."

He also praises the club, players and fans in the article : "I spent 10 days with Morton and got on very well with the players there. It was a very friendly place to be and I would have signed for them if Dundee had not offered me a contract. I played three games on trial there including a local cup match against St Mirren and the fans were great."


I think it's safe to say that Jani Sturm is right in assuming he will be getting boos and whistles from the Morton support at Dens tomorrow night.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2007/08/07/sportstory10098538t0.asp


No comments: