Morton Missed Out On Dungannon Striker

The 'Top Secret' section of the News Of The World's regular Exposed column has a small story saying that we failed in a bid for Northern Irish Carnegie Premier Division side Dungannon Swifts' star striker Mark McAllister. The article believes we had a £50,000 bid knocked back. Dungannon boss Harry Fay said : "The timing was not right for him to leave the club." To read the story click the image (left) to enlarge.

My Girlfriend's Mum lives in Belfast with her partner who is a Glentoran supporter. When they come over he somtimes gives me a few programmes from matches he has been to. One of the most recent was a JJB Sports Irish Cup Semi-Final between Cliftonville and Dungannon Swifts in March this year. The programme has the following pen pic for McAllister :

The BBC website has a story that he had signed for Celtic but that he eventually knocked back the move. The BBC item also says he was recently called up to the Northern Irish under 21 squad.

The Belfast Telegraph also carries the story. The article by Malcolm Brodie says: "McAllister rejected an offer from Glasgow Celtic earlier this year after terms had been agreed between the clubs while Dungannon said: "No" to an offer from Morton last Thursday."

No comments: