14/05/2008

Morton Sign Colin Stewart

Former Livingston goalkeeper Colin Stewart has signed a two year deal with the club.

The deal was signed yesterday and Stewart told the Greenock Telegraph's Steven McArthur: “I’m looking forward to it, it’s going to be a challenge, but a challenge I’m well capable of achieving. You look to who else is going to come in, but I’ve been at various clubs where I’ve been first choice — I’ve risen to the challenge before, I don’t see why I can’t do it again. I’m not coming here to be a second choice, my main aim is to come here to play for Morton, and hopefully take the club to the level everyone thinks we should be at.”

The Tele' article finishes with Davie Irons indicating that he wants to sign another three or four players.

I think most fans are in the same boat when it comes to Stewart. They are willing to give him a chance but are also sceptical due some of his less than impressive performances against Morton.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/articles/2/23983

http://www.gmfc.net/club-news/news-view.asp?id=318

No comments: