13/10/2009

Stewart Admits Fall Out With Irons

Morton goalkeeper Colin Stewart has confirmed rumours that he had fallen out with former manager Davie Irons.

In the Daily Record's match report for Saturday's game against Ross County - in which the Stewart was man of the match - Kenny MacDonald quotes Stewart as saying: "There was a fall out with the manager which was well noted but that's football. There were all sorts of reports of me being on the transfer list and a lot of cloudy areas, but at the end of the day I was told to do better to get games.

"I worked hard and wanted to play, but I wasn't given the opportunity. It's disappointing to work hard but not play through circumstances."

I believe that this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Irons and his relationships with the players but it's encouraging to know that the players have been given a new lease of life under the new management team.

Daily Record: Division One: Morton 0 Ross County 1 (12.10.2009)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with your 'Tip of the iceberg' comment.

Irons has a lot to answer for. I don't believe he now has a future in senior football.