25/04/2007

In the Papers Today

Greenock Telegraph (Chris Fitzgerald)
Bobby Linn says he is determined to force his way into the first team next season.
Peter Weatherson brushes off rumours linking him with a summer switch to Hibs.
Also, Jim McInally has said that Morton will play some of his fringe players down at Ayr in the final game of the season. Brian Graham and Bobby Linn will start up front. Craig Black and Scott McKellar will 'feature at some point' according to Mcinally. Jim also says that the number of fringe players will be limited as some are still out on loan to junior sides.
As well as looking forward to seeing Linn and Black, who I both rate highly, I'll personally be looking forward to seeing Brian Graham start up front. After speaking to his Dad at a recent reserve game at which he told me he has scored 14 (now 16) reserve goals in 16 (now 18) games I was hoping he would get a chance to see if he could do it at first team level. I seem to remember he came in on as a sub the last game of 2005/06 awat to Forfar and played well.
It will also be interesting to see how Scott McKellar gets on. I've heard good things about him but I've never been very impressed with him in the reserves.

No comments: