01/05/2007

Aiden McGeady - Morton Fan ?!?!

According to an interview on the official UEFA website Celtic player Aiden McGeady used to watch Morton as a youngster (as well as Celtic and Queen's Park).

A friend sent me a link while searching for the date for the UEFA Cup Final which is to be held in Glasgow. In an interview titled 'Aiden McGeady's Glasgow' he says :

"The rivalry between Rangers and Celtic is still pretty intense, but there are several other football clubs in and around the city. When I was younger I used to go with my uncle and my dad to watch Queen's Park [FC] and Greenock Morton [FC] because they were down the road."

I doubt this admission will endear a player who chose to play for the Republic of Ireland instead of Scotland to the Morton support though.

The full interview can be found at : http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/finals/newsid=513249.html






No comments: