30/04/2009

That's The Kind Of Attitude We're Looking For

Jim McAlister will miss Saturday's match with St. Johnstone after a booking for diving in a match with Livingston earned him a one match suspension - and he seems gutted about it.

In an article in today's Greenock Telegraph he talks to David Christie and says that he hates missing matches and is really proud of the number of games he has played for Morton: “It is weird, as I have been used to building up to a Saturday for years and years, and now I can’t be involved. It has been frustrating more than anything.

“To have played from a reasonably young age in the first team and start in so many games, I am really proud of building up such a record, but now it won’t continue.

“I just hate missing games. I’ve been hit quite a few times, but I seem to recover as I look after myself off the park. Touch wood, I have been lucky with injuries, never having any muscle problems."

Jim (pictured, above left) made his Morton debut in the 2002/03 season and since then he has started 217 matches and made 16 substitute appearances. This Saturday will see the end of Jim's run of 129 consecutive appearances in all competitions and will be only the third match he hasn't started in all Morton fixtures for the last five seasons.

Greenock Telegraph - McAlister: Not Playing In Perth Is 'Really Weird' (30.04.2009)

No comments: