15/12/2009

Russell Returns To Cappielow

Morton striker Iain Russell has returned from a loan spell at Alloa Athletic and wants to force his way back into the first team at Cappielow.

He told the Scottish Sun's Ally Graham of his ambitions: "I've really enjoyed my time at Alloa, but I could have played more games and scored a few more goals. But they are in a great position in the league and I think they can go all the way this season.

"I've still been training at Morton and have been impressed with the new manager so I'm hoping I can reclaim my spot in the side."

In his short time at Recreation Park Iain started four matches, made two substitute appearances and scored two goals. In has last match he set up teammate Scott Agnew for the winning goal at home to Brechin City.

The Scottish Sun - Spotlight On Division 2 (14.12.2009)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

'Leafy', (or 'Beany' for the conservatives) may well compliment Grady's more constructive approach to getting goals. On form he's fast, links well, can drift to either wing, and CAN score. DVZ is our first player in some time who can weight a through ball properly - watch that space!!!

Unknown said...

'Leafy', (or 'Beany' for the conservatives) may well compliment Grady's more constructive approach to getting goals. On form he's fast, links well, can drift to either wing, and CAN score. DVZ is our first player in some time who can weight a through ball properly - watch that space!!!