30/06/2008

Where Are They Now?

Robbie MacKillop (pictured) was Morton's reserve keeper for the 3rd Division Championship winning season in 2002/03. As far as I remember he didn't play any first team football mainly due to the form of Craig Coyle who was an ever present that season.

Robbie was released at the end of the 2002/03 season as David McGurn took over the back up goalkeeper role. I didn't have any idea where he went to after that until a couple of Saturday's ago when he took to the field to play against us (Gourock Morton Supporters) for Dunoon in the annual challenge match. Robbie was head and shoulders above everyone on the park (in my opinion) making a few excellent saves including a few in the penalty shoot out and scoring one himself so I was surprised to learn after that match that he was currently playing for Dunoon Amateurs. The reason I'm posting about him today was that there was a snippet in today's Scottish Sun revealing that he'd signed for Pollok Juniors - a level I think he should have been operating at anyway.



During a conversation with one of the guys who travelled over with the Dunoon team I was told that Robbie is 'Morton mad' - good man. Good luck at Pollok Robbie.

No comments: