13/07/2008

Williams Silences Boo-Boys

After Alex Williams' winning goal at Cappielow yesterday he told the News Of The World that he thought the people giving him stick were idiots while those who applauded him were real fans.

He said: "It's always good to score against your old team. I got a bit of stick from a couple of idiots, but when I was subbed there was a great ovation from the real fans who follow week in, week out".

The Sunday Mail match report included a similar quote: "I got a bit of stick from a couple of idiots. But then I got a nice wee ovation from the guys who supported the team week in week out and that was great. They're the real fans. It's always good to score against your old club and although I got a bit of stick in the main the supporters were brilliant to me."





http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/sfl/sfl-2nd-division/2008/07/13/morton-0-1-ayr-78057-20642345/

No comments: