12/05/2010

Moore Or Maitland

Depending on which newspapers you read or who you listen to, either Allan Moore or Allan Maitland has been installed as the favourite to take over as Morton boss.

The Scottish Sun's Paul Hughes has claimed that Allan Maitland is the front runner for the job, while the Daily Record has suggested that it is former Ton player Moore who is in the frame.

I have heard rumours suggesting that both men are certs for the job, but these are just that - rumours.

Although Moore played down rumours linking him with the job in yesterday's Tele', I believe that he will jump at the chance to take the job if previous quotes are anything to go by: "I am happy where I am but feel I am due a crack at full-time football. I will keep my head down as you never what is just around the corner."

The only stumbling block would be a possible compensation deal with Stirling. However, Moore is now entering the final year of his contract and is in a more powerful position to negotiate after taking the Binos up to the First Division as champions. I could be wrong, but I don't think that he will let the chance to step up to full-time management pass him by a second time; if Peter McKenzie asks for silly money again, I'd expect to see Moore hand in his resignation in a bid to force McKenzie's hand.



Alloa manager Maitland, on the otherhand, has always maintained that he wanted to remain part-time. Recent rumours suggest that he no longer has a well paid job outside football and may welcome a full-time position, but whether or not that is true is anyone's guess as he refuses to be drawn on the subject.

Daily Record - Stirling Boss Moore In Frame For Morton Job (12.10.2010)

Greenock Telegraph - Moore Plays Down Ton Move Talk (11.10.2010)

No comments: