29/05/2010

Moore To Sign Ton Fan

Allan Moore has targeted a Morton fan as his first signing for the club - Stirling Albion defender Andy Graham.

Graham, who was born in Glasgow but raised in Dunoon, is out of contract this summer, and Moore is is set to make a move for the defender, according to the Evening Times' Bert Mitchell.

“I signed Andy a few years back and worked with him for his full senior career and I would love to bring him to Cappielow," Moore told Mitchell. "Andy is versatile and a player who I think can make the step up to the First Division and take things on from there.

“He can still improve and I have no doubt going full-time would do that. I know Hamilton are interested, but making a step up two divisions to the SPL is a big thing. He is a dedicated young footballer and exactly the sort I hope to bring to Cappielow.”

I've played in a couple of the recent Gourock versus Dunoon annual challenge matches, and over the last few years I've got to know a few of the Dunoon boys and they've assured me Graham is a big Ton fan and would love to play for the club.

And if any further proof were needed, you could consult his profile on Football Manager 2010 - a PC football management game renowned for the accuracy of its database - on which Graham's 'favoured club' is Morton (pictured, below: click to enlarge).



Evening Times - Ton Boss Moore In Move For Graham (27.05.2010)

No comments: