19/10/2007

Clyde v Morton Preview

According to the Greenock Telegraph's Roger Graham Jim McInally will start with the same side that beat Partick Thistle against Clyde tomorrow. This means the team will line up as follows:





.............................McGurn..............................

Shields ....... Greacen ......... Harding ...... McAnespie

Finlayson ... McAlister ....... McLaughlin ...... Stevenson

................ Russell ....... Weatherson .....................

The Tele' match preview also reveals that Chris Millar, Michael Gardyne and Alex Walker are all available and will start the match on the bench.

I expected that Jim would remain loyal to the players and formation that won against Partick Thistle. The personnel and their positioning added a balance that has been missing so far this season and the return of McLaughlin in midfield is a big plus. My only doubts are over Jamie Stevenson playing on the left and Kevin Finlayson. Finners has been playing really well of late and deserves his place but I'm not sure he can sustain that form. My preferred midfield would be McAlister on the right, Stevenson and McLaughlin in the centre and Gardyne on the left. In saying that I think McInally is right to stick with the team that was so impressive against Thistle and I fancy us to get the three points tomorrow.

My Predicition: Clyde 0 - 1 Morton

No comments: