10/10/2008

Shafted II

Alan Reid wasn't the only player to be shafted by a club this season. It would also appear that Morton's Dominic Shimmin was let down by our closest rivals.

In Saturday's Scottish Sun Shimmin talked about his time at Arsenal and supporting Manchester United. At the end of the article he reveals that he still doesn't know what happened with St. Mirren.

He said: “I’m still in the dark about what happened at St Mirren. I played two games and the manager said I’d done well. He wanted to see me in one final game. I faced Blackpool in a friendly. But there were only two weeks to go until the new season and I needed to get a club. Morton had already offered me something and I thought that was a better proposition.”

According to an article in the Paisley Daily Express Gus MacPherson dropped his interest but the story doesn't give any reasons.

St. Mirren's loss was Morton's gain.

The Scottish Sun - I Was Red Devil In Disguise (04.10.2008)

Paisley Daily Express - Shimmin won't be a Buddie (05.08.2008)

No comments: