01/10/2008

Thank You Very Much For First Team Football

The latest rumour doing the rounds is that Davie Irons has, to use a cliche, 'lost the dressing room'. Apparently his man management leaves a lot to be desired and, as a result, there aren't many amongst the playing squad who like, or rate him.

However, there is at least one player who has time for the manager - Brian Wake (pictured, left). In the Supergoals pull-out in Monday's Scottish Sun Wake is featured in the article reserved for players who are in the running for the SunSport Golden Boot award (Wake has five goals - four behind Celtic's Georgios Samaras and Livingston's Leigh Griffiths, who are joint leaders). The shaggy haired striker says that he would give up all his goals for three points and wants to repay Irons for the faith he's showed in him: "It's nice to get some goals but the main thing is to get a win. I'd give all my goals away to get our first three points.

"The boss has been brilliant and he's given me a good opportunity. I don't think about awards. I just want to do the best I can for the team."

Click to enlarge

No comments: