11/07/2007

East Kilbride Thistle Player On Trial

A news story on the East Kilbride Thistle (juniors) website says that Morton have taken their 24 year old striker Steven 'Dunga' McClung on a two week trial.

McLung signed for East Kilbride from their u-21 team in August 2005. In 2 years he has scored 34 goals in 60 games and this has attracted the attention of top junior sides like Arthurlie.

However McClung sounded determined to impress at Morton when he said : "This is a real opportunity for me and I want to knuckle down and show the club that I could be worthy of the chance. I must admit I was nervous when I arrived on Monday but the boys were very welcoming and they made me feel part of it. But I’m not getting ahead of myself just now as I know I’ve got to work hard to have any chance of earning a deal. It really is exciting for me and I had a look at Morton’s pre-season fixtures so there’s a chance for me to really do something here. The first day was all about settling in and I’m expecting to get worked really hard in the next fortnight.”

Name : Steven McLung
Age : 24
Position : Striker
Nationality: Scottish
Club : East Kilbride Thistle
Signed : August 2005
Played : 60
Goals : 34
Previous Club : East Kilbride Thistle u-21s

No comments: